"When will SDCC's Schedule be OUT?!!!"
Answer: About two weeks before SDCC.
A certain silver fox-in-the-know has told her that suggestions for panels and panel attendees were to be submitted to Comic-Con by 8 June, so this means that details of the convention's schedule is being worked on right now.
Of course, some lucky media folks receive announcements and official press releases early, and some details are already posted in their blogs or social media timeline. It is very useful to scope out these information as they give important indications of what Comic-Con goers can expect to see and do during 11 - 15 July.
This year, WB has jumped the gun by being one of the first "big-timers" to announce their SDCC panels and special previews. Red Dot Diva couldn't help by squee when she saw the list.
Here are some of the key WB highlights:
Previews of 5 WB pilots! (Did one say there will be 5? Hell yeah!)
These will be screened on Wednesday 11 July night, so fans who nabbed those preview night tickets can head on to Ballroom 20 for the following:
- “Arrow” is an action series based on DC comics' vigilante superhero Green Arrow, starring Stephen Amell as the titular character. This seems to be an attempt to fill in the gap ever since "Smallville" finished its 10-year run on screen. Red Dot Diva loves the Green Arrow character, but not sure if she will get hooked on to the show based on the rather dull, sombre trailer. Very nice nommy Amell biceps and shirtlessness on show though. That might just be the shallow excuse Red Dot Diva needs to keep watching the series.
See how emo Oliver Queen can get in a green hoodie (.. and without):
Robert Knepper takes up the role as the cult leader and Red Dot Diva knows that whenever Knepper is in a series (especially as a baddie), it is difficult to keep your eyes off him! A definitely MUST WATCH.
- “999 Park Avenue” is the address of a historic Manhattan apartment site that is owned by two people from Allow Entertainment (played by Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams). They specialize in luring young couples to take up the job of managing the site.... and then... woooooo..... Spooky Things Happen.
- “The Following” is a creepy thriller about an ex-FBI agent (Kevin Bacon) on a hunt for an escaped serial killer (James Purefoy). This might not be such an easy task though. For the evil serial killer has managed to garner some hardcore fans who are ever-willing to carry out his mission. This series will be airing on FOX.
- “Revolution” is a dark fantasy series by fan favourite Eric Kripke, creator of popular TV series "Supernatural", together with J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot Productions and Iron Man’s Jon Favreau. The show is set in a post-apocalyptic time when there is a energy and technology blackout. So that means, no cars, no telephones, no computers, no iPhones. Ugh!
Guess that means it is back to basics for civilization. Better start learning how to build a fire! Red Dot Diva thinks the premise of the series sounds hackneyed but with that kind of creative force behind the show, she would like watch the preview to see if she is proven very very wrong.
WB Panels Galore!WB is also coming full-force to SDCC with panels of the new series listed above and many of their popular shows including "Nikita", "The Big Bang Theory" (in Hall H!) and "The Vampire Diaries", just to name a few.
As most Comic-Con goers would know, it will be impossible to attend every single panel but Red Dot Diva is hoping to make it for the following:
Friday 13 July
- "Cult", Room 6BCF (Robert Knepper perv mode ON!)
- "Arrow", Ballroom 20
Saturday 14 July
- "Person of Interest", Room 6BCF
- "Revolution", Room 6BCF
(Although this is is seeming to be unlikely now that Variety has broken news that WB has booked a 3-hour block on Saturday in Hall B for movie panels which would include "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"!!! Red Dot Diva says that takes precedence for her!)
Sunday 15 July
- "Fringe", Hall H
(See? This is one of the reasons why it is a bad idea to make plans to fly back home from Comic-Con on a Sunday!)
Okay... ..... so who else will be there??
Fox has also released their schedule last week that includes FX shows, and Red Dot Diva imagines that a large number of fans will be going for the "Bones" panel on Fri July 13, especially since they were not at SDCC last year. “The Simpsons”, “Sons of Anarchy”, “Futurama” and "Family Guy" are some of the other shows Fox will be bringing to the convention these year – all are not in Red Dot Diva’s immediate radar.
Initially, it was said that musical dramedy “Glee” was not going to be at San Diego, but things have changed. And just a few moments ago, word from TVline is that "Glee" will indeed be having a panel in the Indigo Room on Saturday, July 14 (6 to 7 pm PST). The show's stars Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Darren Criss, Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz and Naya Rivera are expected to be there for the panel. Does Red Dot Diva hear happy squees?
With this latest news, does that mean fans like Red Dot Diva can hold out hope for – FX's "American Horror Story"?? Please please?
Red Dot Diva would camp out overnight for would be Starz' super-bloody-sexy series "Spartacus", HBO's "Game of Thrones" - the fantasy series based on George R.R. Martin's books.
The next season entitled "Spartacus: War of the Damned" will be the last one for the show, so it's only right that they meet their fans for a final year. That's what a good gladiator would do. (While flexing his biceps, of course.)
As for "Game of Thrones" and "The Walking Dead", because of their genre and immense popularity of both series, there's little doubt that they will not be at SDCC this year.
Besides these exciting preview and panel news, there is one more thing that is making SDCC 2012 even more special for Red Dot Diva.
She has managed to secure an approved press pass for the convention! She hopes that with the pass, she will be able to get more interesting coverage this year, and that blog readers will enjoy going on this geek journey with her.
Pack and grab a digital luggage and get ready to travel, won't ya? :)
For quicker scoop and details of SDCC schedule, check out the following websites.
They are Red Dot Diva’s favourite sites for one-stop for details like these!
SDCC Unofficial Blog